Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play an important role in the first impression that guests have when arriving at your San Antonio home. When you determine it’s time to replace your doors, it usually means you are willing to increase your home’s curb appeal or that you are just excited for a change in home atmosphere. Either way, replacement doors are a big decision and involve a few things to remember. Lucky for you, the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to take into account before you determine the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Finalize the style of your doorway with enhancing hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not accentuate your door with a pop of color? Colors that go with your current paint scheme are great and consistent, but colors that provide conflict to your scheme can make your home look inimitable!
- Experiment with lighting. People often misjudge the power of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re highlighting specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, suitable lighting can bring a whole look together and feel cheerful and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The use of greenery about a doorway can also make an excellent first impression. Plants can shift attention to certain door details and divert attention away from other out dated features of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many extra features that can enhance a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the perfect accents, your door and home can receive a major makeover.
Accept guests into your home with an inviting doorway and make a great first impression. Stop by the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in San Antonio, give them a call at (210) 622-8673 or schedule an appointment online to discuss all the options for getting replacement doors to enhance the look of your home.