Winter weather is just around the corner in San Antonio and when the temperature gets colder, the utility bills can often increase. There are a lot of things that you can do to get yourself organized for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can aid your home comfort during the cold months, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
Are you wondering what is so significant about storm door installation? While storm doors are helpful regardless of the season, here are several of the benefits that storm doors deliver during San Antonio winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an extra layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option lowers energy loss and can help decrease expenses on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors deliver an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also adds another barrier for burglars or other unwanted guests.
Storm door installation is a good way to ready your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are other ideas to save some money around the house as the colder weather looms:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping is coming away, cold air can sneak in and influence your home comfort. If you have challenges with reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your home’s doors and windows, give our Pella Products of South Texas team a call and receive the help you need.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can gather in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Grab a dry paintbrush and clean these areas to make a tighter seal and improve the performance of your doors and windows.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, like deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could permit cold air to sneak into your home. Chat with a professional to repair these issues before the winter hits San Antonio.
If you have any concerns or questions about getting your home ready for winter, or about storm door installation this winter, give the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in San Antonio a call at (210) 622-8673 or stop by our showroom to chat face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the change in seasons.